Intermediate/Advanced Piano Teacher
We are on the hunt for a self-motivated and experienced piano teacher to join our qualified team of educators. As a musician teacher, you will be responsible for cultivating the students’ interest and development in their chosen instrument. Your responsibilities will include providing one-on-one, personalized instruction based on a student’s level of playing, evaluating students’ progress, and preparing students for performance in monthly recitals and annual assessments.
You should be a competent professional, able to teach intermediate and advanced piano students with knowledge of teaching best practices and various musical styles, including reading music. In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate the ability to work among an ensemble of fellow musician teachers.
- Provide 30-60 minute private instruction in their chosen instrument to students age 6 through adult
- prepare interested students to participate in monthly recitals and other performance opportunities
- Communicate regularly with parents to ensure students are able to practice assignments at home
- Develop and issue educational content including notes, and assignments.
- Supervise lessons to ensure all students are learning in a safe and productive environment.
- Organize supplies and resources for lessons.
- Deliver personalized instruction to each student by encouraging interactive learning.
- Plan and implement educational activities based on each students needs and interests
- Ensure your classroom is clean and orderly.
- Evaluate and document students’ progress.
- A minimum of 5 years receiving private instruction.
- Strong music-reading skills, sight reading a plus but not required.
- 2-3 years of performing
- In-depth knowledge of piano pedagogy
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized with excellent management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
About the Studio:
We are a team of private music instructors based in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. We encourage our teachers to see the studio as an ensemble. Just like in an ensemble, each teacher brings to the team the general principles of time management, sensitivity to individual musicianship, integrity of music ability and a sense that only 100% effort will yield ideal results. However, just as in an ensemble, we recognize that each musician brings their own individual capabilities and strengths and respects that everyone be honest about their weaknesses. It's only when we can listen that we can make the best music.
Applicants please submit a resume/cover letter to email@example.com